Internet privacy is an important concern to the Design Build Institute Northwest Region (DBIA NW). The DBIA NW web site supports privacy of Internet data.
The DBIA NW web site does not store personal information in any area. The DBIA NW web site merely logs the user's IP address that is automatically recognized by the DBIA NW Web server.
DBIA NW does not provide or release names, web site addresses or e-mail addresses of users to any third party without the users explicit permission.
DBIA NW uses users data to:
- Direct content to members and users who are most likely to be interested in information about specific subject matter.
- Measure website activity. Cookie technology helps DBIA NW determine which features and services are important to their audiences so that we may know where to direct ongoing development.
- DBIA NW may occasionally advise users of new activities or web site features.
- DBIA NW occasionally may alert users electronically by e-mail to important information.
- DBIA NW may offer services on a limited basis to demographically identified groups of users.
Definition of Terms
Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie's main objective is to identify users and personalize their visit by customizing web pages for them for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
IP (Internet Protocol)
All networks connected to the Internet speak IP, the technical standard that allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood.
If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 117.384.349
Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.
THESE NOTICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE